The normal password requirements for a user on TouchPoint are as follows:
- Must be at least 7 characters long
- Must contain at least one non-alphanumeric character (i.e. a mark of punctuation)
However, if your church Admin decides to vary the requirements, their System Admin can add the following settings in their database:
- PasswordMinLength - use a number, such as 7
- PasswordRequireOneNumber - true or false
- PasswordRequireOneUpper - true or false
- PasswordRequireSpecialCharacter - true or false
To create these settings go to Administration > Setup > Settings. They must be created exactly as seen above.
So, to recap - the length can vary based on the number you enter as the minimum length; you can determine whether or not to require a number, an upper case letter or a special character.
As a security precaution we have the following settings in place:
The maximum invalid password attempts is 15. After 10 minutes the Failed Password Attempt Count is reset.