- The Settings page is accessed by your TouchPoint System Admin only, by going to Administration > Setup > Settings. This is where the Admin user can add or update Settings for your church’s database. Each new database comes with the basic Settings, but there are others that can be added. See list of Settings below.
To Edit a Setting¶
- Step 1
- Click on the Setting Value.
- Step 2
- Enter the new value.
- Ste p 3
- Click the blue check mark to save the change.
To Create a New Setting Code¶
- Step 1
- Click the green + Add Setting button.
- Step 2
- Enter the Setting Code exactly as you see in the list below, and click Submit.
- Step 3
The row for the new setting will be highlighted.
Click in the Setting Value and enter the appropriate value.
- Step 4
- Click the blue check mark to save the change.
Each of the list items below are the actual Setting Codes. If you are adding one of them to your database, be sure you type it exactly as you see it below.
- This will be in all new databases. You can change the Setting Value and use this as a coupon when testing online registrations.
This is the email address that will be used for any admin notifications, and from whom standard automated notifications will be sent.
- This is mainly for churches that have Organizations locked down so only users with a specific role can view them. By adding this setting set to true, staff can run the Involvement report and see these protected orgs in the Activity List even though they may not be able to actually access the org itself. It has a very limited use case.
- Add this Setting with true as the value if you want to be able to add another Gender in the Lookup Codes. If you do add another Gender, if will function as Unknown. We do not recommend that you do this, as Male and Female are used to determine HOH, family labels, and more, but you can choose to do so if you wish.
- This is needed only for those churches using Vanco for online giving.
Add this Setting ID and enter
vancoas the Setting Value.
- This will be in your database and should not be changed. This points the TouchPoint News link to the TouchPoint News blog on the home page, which is where we notify users of changes and new features.
- This will be in your database and should not be changed. This presents the TouchPoint News blog articles on the home page, which is where we notify users of changes and new features.
- This points the Church News link to your own blog for your church database.
- You can create your own blog for your church database and enter the URL as the value.
- If you are using ShowCampusOnRegistration, you must also add this Setting to indicate which Campuses you want to offer as options for a new record. This applies only to the drop down that displays when a registrant creates a new record during an online registration. Enter the Campus ID #s separated by a comma without any spaces. You can enter all the Campuses or only a select few. See paragraph below regarding ShowCampusOnRegistration.
- Add this Setting and enter the name you want displayed as the label instead of Campus (example: Congregation or Location). Remember, if you add this label, that is what will display in the Lookup Code instead of Campus.
If you add this setting, every new record will require a Campus be selected. There is no option for leaving the Campus not specified.
However, if you also have the Setting ShowCampusOnRegistration and, for some reason, do not want registrants (who are creating a new people record) to be required to select a Campus during the registration, you can check Not Req Campus on the organization’s Registration > Registration tab. When you select this for a registration the Campus option is displayed for the registrant, but with
Optionaldisplaying. See ShowCampusOnRegistration setting below.
Enter this setting with a value of true to enable an Admin’s ability to override the default Head of Household calculation for any family desired. Once this is enabled, an Admin can promote another family member to Head.
- This phone number will display at the bottom of your TouchPoint database along with the church name and the AdminMail email address. Enter without dashes.
- Enter the URL for your church’s website, if applicable. This can be used in online registrations to return a person to your website.
- If you want the Fund Descriptions rather than Fund Names to display on contribution statements, add this setting and give it the value of FundDescription. To revert to the default, remove this setting or change its value to FundName.
- This is automatically populated with the date of your data conversion.
If your Merchant Provider allows you to accept only debit cards and bank accounts and not credit cards for all online transactions, you can add this Setting named DebitCreditLabel and enter what you want the user to see as the value. You might prefer the label to be Debit Card, instead of the default Debit/Credit Card.
Be sure to check with your Merchant Provider if you are interested in allowing the use of debit cards, but not credit cards for all online transactions. Some providers may not offer that option.
If you want to allow credit cards for all transactions except online giving, see the setting below named NoCreditCardGiving.
- This setting, similar to the one above, will allow you to define the label displayed, but only on the payment pages for giving transactions.
- This setting, similar to the two above, will allow you to define the label displayed, but only on the payment pages for registration payments.
You can change the default Bundle Type (the one you start with when creating a new Bundle) by adding this setting code and entering the ID# for the Bundle Type you want as the default. You can find this ID in Administration > Setup > Lookup Codes.
- Enter the ID# (not the name) of the campus to use as the default campus on new records and new organizations. Leave empty if your church does not have more than one campus in the database.
- Add this setting if you want a fund other than Fund ID 1 to be the default fund. When creating a new Bundle, this is the fund that always appears at the top of the list of funds when setting the default for the bundle.
- This is the URL of your database and will be set for you.
- If you do not want Inactive Members to be able to check into the org in which they are Inactive, add this setting and set the value as true. This is referring to TouchPoint Self-Check-In. By default, Inactive Members of an organization that uses TouchPoint Check-In will display as enrolled in the organization when they enter their phone number at the check-in kiosk. In other words, they will not have to ‘find’ a class to attend.
- Add this setting and enter true as the Value if you want all non tax deductible contributions to print on contribution statements. These print in a separate section from the other contributions.
Add this setting and enter true as the Value to have this flag set automatically for all new records added to the database.
- Add this setting with a value of true to add a prompt that will appear after you click Send, asking “Are You Sure?” and giving you an opportunity to cancel or continue.
- This setting must be in the database and set to true in order to use the Protect My Ministry integration.
Add this setting and and enter true as the Value if you want to use labels from your Protect My Ministry account. You must also add these labels to the Lookups.
To make custom statements available electronically, so that donors can download them from their profiles, add this setting and give it a value of true.
Add this Setting with the value equal
truewhen you want only those with the user role EditCampus to be able to change/edit the Campus on a person’s record. This applies only to the Campus field on a person’s record, not to setting the Campus for an organization. After adding this Setting, add the User Role EditCampus in the Lookup Codes and assign that role to everyone that should be able to edit the Campus for an individual.
Exception: If you have this Setting, a My Data user (and any other user) can edit his and his family’s Campus without having the EditCampus role if you have the Setting MyDataCanEditCampus.
If you have Standard Extra Values that you want to display on the Inreach / Outreach Report, add this Setting Code and enter in the Setting Value the names of the Extra Values you want to display on the report, separated by a comma (no spaces).
Add this Setting with the value = true if you want to use the feature that allows you to add Extra Values to a Contact form.
Add this setting with the value = true if you do not want My Data users to be able to view the Profile tab on their own people records or that of their family members.
Add this setting wih the value = true if you do not want My Data users to see the Member Badge on their people record or the Member Status for immediate family members in the family list.
This setting will let you determine which user roles will display in the Limit To Role drop down list on the Contact form when a user is recording a Contact. Add this setting and enter (in the Value field) the user roles (comma separated) that you want to display in the drop down.
- By default, this is set to 10000 for Excel exports.
Without this setting, behind the scenes, the default is True. If you add the Setting Code to your database, you can enter false as the Value. This will disable the Add New Person option under People in the header. The button still displays, but the person clicking it will be taken to the help article explaining why it is disabled.
- M_ID and M_Key
If you are using Sage as your merchant provider, these 2 settings are where you would put the ID and Key.
- Set this to minimum dollar amount required for a contribution statement to generate. For example: 5 or 200 Churches that send statements every quarter may set this to a higher amount for the first 3 quarters in order not to send statements to children. Then change it to a lower amount for the yearly statement in order to include everyone.
- This Setting is an age, such as 13. Without this setting, the default is 16. This applies to people trying to create a user account on the church database. For churches that do not capture dates of birth, they may want to add this Setting ID and make the value 0. This will allow a person without a date of birth to create a user account.
- For dates, this will display the month, then the day. By default, it is set to true.
If you are using Morning Batch, this will get created automatically and display the last date / time that it ran.
- If you need to have special roles (e.g., the Finance role) for any of the Python scripts in your morning batch, add this setting and enter as its value the name of an account with the needed roles. This can be an existing user account, or one you have created specifically for this purpose.
If you would like for My Data users to be able to edit the Campus on their own people records and that of family members, add this Setting with the value equal
true. This also allows any other user to edit his own Campus.
New Users And Roles - specifically EditCampus role
- Enter the name as you want it to appear on the bottom of your TouchPoint database.
Enter the People ID # for the person serving as the New People Manager for your church. You can enter more than one ID#, just separate them with a comma. The first ID in the list, will be the user that owns the New Data Entry tasks.
Adding this setting to your database will require that you specify a user role whose users should not see an age or a birth year for those records they can view in the database. One use case might be for OrgLeadersOnly. This will allow staff users but not lay leaders to view ages and complete dates of birth, .
This will mask that information on all on-screen places where a DOB or age appear, such as people lists and people records as well as normal exports and reports. It also masks this information on the mobile app.
If the person has a DOB, this user will be able to see the Month and Day. With this Setting all users can see the complete DOB and Age for a child, i.e. anyone aged 18 and under. See next Setting (NoBirthYearOverAge) if you want to change the age.
- This must be used in conjunction with the setting NoBirthYearRole. You can add this setting if you want these users to see the age and complete DOB for those under a specified age. Without this setting, if you use NoBirthYearRole, those aged 18 and under will have their age and complete DOB displayed. You only need this if you want to raise or lower the age for those whose ages/DOB can be seen.
By default, this is set to false, meaning that donors can use a credit card for online giving. Enter the value true if you want donors to only use their bank account for giving.
Even with this setting, online giving for Mission Trip Support and Ask Extra Donations will allow credit card use.
- Add this setting and set the value to true if you only want people to use only credit cards for giving and for online registration payments.
If this setting is added to a database and set to true the New People Manager will not receive an email when a new people record is created and no data entry task will be created for the user creating the new record. The new records will still have the Member Status of Just Added.
- The default is to display (in the top right corner of the statement) the date it was generated (print date). If you do not want this to display, add this setting and make the value true.
- Add this Setting Code and enter true as the value in order for the New People Manager(s) to receive an email each time someone edits a person’s record during the checkin process. These are like those notifications received when a lay person edits their own record in the desktop application.
Add this Setting Code and enter true as the Value if you want the names of joint statements to read as follows: first and last name of the head of household, followed by the first and last name of the spouse. Examples: John Smith and Mary Smith; or Frank Jones and Janet Williams-Jones.
Add this Setting Code and enter a day and time in this format: Sunday 11:00 PM (This is Central TZ), if you want your online bundles to get created once a week instead of every 24 hours. With this setting, a new online bundle will get created after the day/time you specify. So, instead of having one online bundle per day, you would have one per week.
This is based on the Central Time Zone, where our TouchPoint servers are located.
By default, this is empty. If you use the integration with Protect My Ministry for background checks, enter your account password as the value.
- By default, this is empty. If you use the integration with Protect My Ministry for background checks, enter your account username as the value.
By adding this setting to your database, if you have envelope numbers stored as Extra Values, that envelope number will print on the contribution statement in place of the people ID #, which is the default. Set the value as true.
When set to
true, this setting enables the nightly uploads of Pushpay transactions.
- Add this Setting and enter whatever text you want to display in place of the default Register Someone Else button just before someone completes their registration. For example: Click to Register Another Person. This affects all online registrations in the database, so be sure to make the text appropriate.
- By default, the value is true. This allows a user to add a head count to a regular meeting. If you want them to be required to change the meeting type from Regular to Headcount, change this to false.
This setting determines how long a registration will stay active before timing out. The default is 180000 milliseconds, which is 180 seconds (3 minutes). The timer is reset on every keystroke (not mouse clicks), so in essence the 3 minutes does not start counting until you quit typing. So, if all you are doing it clicking, it could timeout.
If you want to change it, enter a number that is bigger or smaller than the default of 180000. Do not use punctuation.
You can also use the Timeout setting on a specific organization, in order to set a different timeout just for that online registration.
This setting with a value of true allows an OrgLeaderOnly user to access all records in the database, but only when using the iPhone/Android app to add a guest when taking attendance.
Add this Setting and set it to true if you want only an Admin user to be able to relax requirements for an Online Registration. With this Setting, other users do not even see those options on the Registration tab.
Registration Settings Tab - the Relaxed Requirements Section
- Add this setting and enter false as the Value if you want contribution statements to print (when printing All Statements), even if the record has no address. By default, if there is no address, a statement will not generate, except from the individual’s record.
If you want check numbers to print on Contribution Statements, add this Setting Code and enter true as the Value. If you print check numbers, the statements will print only one column on the page, instead of wrapping to make two columns. You can choose to print both the check numbers and the notes (see below).
- If you want to require that the year is included when birthdays are entered, add this setting and give it the value of true. Without this setting, or if its value is false, the birthday can be entered as month and day only (mm/dd).
If you want notes to print on Contribution Statements, add this Setting ID and enter true as the Value. If you print notes, the statements will print only one column on the page, instead of wrapping to make two columns. You can choose to print both the check numbers and the notes (see above).
The default in the database is 180 days. If you add this setting code, you can specify how many days a person can go without attending the class before the system resets their Attend Type back to New Visitor.
You can add this setting code if you need to extend the length of time a person has to use a link that is sent to them to either set their password for the first time or to reset a password for an existing account. The default is 24 hours, but you might want to set it to 48. We do not recommend setting it for much longer than that. Use an integer for the actual value.
Add this with a value of true to enable the Resources feature on your database.
By default, this is set to false. If you have either created or asked TouchPoint to create a Python script to run each morning, you will change the Value to true.
- By default, this is set to false and these notices are sent only to the Online Notify Person(s) on the Online Giving organizations. If you prefer for all users with Finance role to receive these, change the value to true.
This setting will display the AltName in Basic Search, Quick Search, PostBundleEdit, as well as in Search Builder results. The AltName will display beside or under the person’s LastName in the results. This was added to aid Chinese churches that use Chinese characters in the AltName field, but also works for English as well. The value should be = true.
- With this setting added and the vale set to true, all new records that are added during an online registration will be presented with a drop down to select a Campus. The registrant will be required to make a selection, unless you check the option on the Registration > Registration tab of the org labeled NotReqCampus. This option only displays if you have ShowCampusOnRegistration in the Settings. when you add this Setting you must also add CampusIds in order to indicate which Campuses you want displayed. See above paragraph regarding CampusIds.
This setting with the value set to true is used in conjunction with a special Parent Extra Value. This will allow a child (who is not in the family with his non-custodial parent in TouchPoint) to display in the family list of his non-custodial parent when that parent enters his phone number at Check-In. This works only if the child has an Ad Hoc EV named Parent with that non-custodial parent’s PID# as the value.
- If your church tracks Pledges, you have the option to display the pledge or not to display it once the pledge has been met. The default is to not show the Pledge if the person has fulfilled his Pledge and the Fund is still Open. Add the setting ShowPledgeIfMet and set the value to true if you want to show the Pledge. Once you close the Fund Pledges will no longer display on the Statement.
If you want to change the default sort order for how the list of Campuses will display, add this setting and set the value to
true. You will then need to set the order in the Lookup Codes. Click in the Code field for each Campus and enter the sort as a number followed by a dash in front of the existing Campus Code. Example: 1-AP, 2-AR, 3-BV, and so on.
- Add this setting to control how funds are sorted in the drop-down list when you are posting contributions in Post Bundle/Edit mode. Set the value to FundId to sort by ID (number) and to allow fund selection by typing the ID. Set the value to FundName to sort by fund name and to allow fund selection by typing the name of the fund.
Add this setting code and enter the text you want for the header above the special funds as the value, if you do not want to use the default. This is applicable only if your church is using the Special Online Giving funds (those with a sort order of 100 and greater).
This applies only to churches that have set up CustomStatements for printing contribution statements for multiple 501c3 organizations. Add this Setting if you want to change the name of the standard set from Standard Statements to something else.
- The value is the street address of your church in this format: 2000 Appling Rd, Cordova, TN 38016 This address is used for Driving Directions.
By default, the StatusFlags F01,F02,and F03 are in new databases, but each church can configure these to what they want. The order that you enter them in this setting is the order in which they will display on a person’s record.
Add this setting code and enter as the value, the text you want as the subject line of the Email Attendance Notices, if you do not want to use the default subject.
- Enter the name of your merchant provider, such as Sage, AuthorizeNet, TransNational. This applies to churches using online giving or fee-based registrations.
If you are using the integration with Twilio for SMS (text) messaging, you will get this ID# from your Twilio account. Enter it as the value.
- If you are using the integration with Twilio for SMS (text) messaging, you will get this token from your Twilio account. Enter it as the value.
- Enter the number of hours (plus or minus) offset from Central time zone. If you are in the Central Time Zone, you can leave this blank. If, for example, you are in the Eastern Time Zone, enter 1 for the value.
This is specifically to allow searches by one or more Chinese characters of the AltName when searching using Basic Search, Quick Search, and PostBundleEdit. You need this only if you use Chinese characters. By default, a search using English letters allows you to search by using the first few letters of a name. The value should be = true.
- Add this Setting to your database with the value true if you prefer a 4-digit Security Code instead of the default which is 3 characters, at least 1 number and 1 letter. This refers to the Security Code that prints on the labels for Check-In.
This Setting with the value = true will display an alternative Donor Details export that has the address fields in separate columns and has a field for Label Name. This name will combine couples if they give jointly.
Enter either true or false depending on whether or not your church wants the membership process to be automated.
You only need this if the bank for any of your donors requires a flag inside the transaction to let them know it is using a Savings account. This also requires an Ad Hoc Extra value be added to the donor’s record.
Online Giving - see Savings Accounts for Online Giving section
- x_login and x_tran_key
If your church uses Authorize.net as your merchant provider, these are the 2 settings where you put the login and key provided by them.