Export Organizations to Excel¶
This export which is available on the blue Toolbar when you are on the Organization > Search page does not require any filter at all. However, depending on how you plan to use the spreadsheet, you might want to filter for organizations based on their Program and Division and/or Schedule. Or may want to filter for organizations with something common in their name, such as FPU or Awana.
Uses for the Organization Excel Export¶
- Directory of Classes
- You can create a directory by using the Excel spreadsheet as the data source for a Word merge, as it contains the information you would most likely want to include in a directory.
- This export is a great help in reviewing your settings for online registrations or self-checkin organizations. Many of the columns/fields relate specifically to online registrations and TouchPoint Check-In. Some of the columns have actual values while others are True/False. Glancing through a spreadsheet is much easier than going to every organization to verify settings.
- Batch Updates
- Anyone with Edit role can export the organizations to Excel, edit many of the columns right there in the the Excel document, then save it and email it to the System Admin. The System Admin can then use the Batch Update Orgs process that will update the orgs based on the changes made to the spreadsheet. This is especially useful at Promotion or anytime several organizations need changing, such as for an online registration with multiple orgs whose start and end dates and birth date ranges need changing.
Not all of the fields can be updated using this batch update. We have a help article about the Batch Update for Orgs (see link below) that explains which fields can be edited with what kind of data, and how to perform the update.
Generate the Export¶
- Step 1
- Go to Organizations > Search / Manage.
- Step 2
- Select any filters you need to get just the list of orgs you want, and click Search.
- Step 3
- Select Toolbar > Cloud > Excel Export > Export Organizations This will open an Excel spreadsheet with one row per organization and the fields listed below.
Information included in the export:¶
The best way to examine what is included is to just generate the export and look it over. You can filter for just a few organizations, and actually see how the data looks in the export. That is normally more helpful than just looking at a list of fields.
However, here is a list of what is included in the export.
- ID# of the Organization. You will see this at the end of the URL when you are viewing the Organization.
- Organization Name
- From the Description field on the Organization > Settings > General tab
- Name of the member whose Member Type matches the Leader Type in the header for the organization.
- Number of people enrolled
- Main Division only will display, if the org is in multiple divisions
- First Meeting
- Date on the Organization Settings > Attendance tab. Denotes the first date the organization will meet. This can be reset after Promotion so that guests from the past year will no longer display on the Guest tab.
- Last Meeting
- Date on the Organization Settings > Attendance tab.
- The day / time of the Schedule on the Settings > Attendance tab. If org has more than one Schedule, only the first will display.
- Campus ID
- ID # for the Campus (set on the Organization header). If there are no campuses set, the default will be zero
- From the Organization Settings > General tab (also editable in the organization header)
- Reg Start
- From the Organization Registration > Registration tab. This is the date online registrations begin.
- Reg End
- From the Organization Registration > Registration tab. This is the date online registrations end.
- Roll Sheet Visitor Weeks
- From the Organization Settings > Attendance tab. This is the length of time a recent guest remains on the roll sheet after he has no longer visited.
- From the Organization Registration > Registration tab. Max Limit for online registration.
- Limit to Role
- If you have locked down the Org to only a user with a specific role, that role will display.
- Can Self Checkin
- Either True or False - from the Organization Settings > Attendance tab.
- Birthday Start
- Date from Organization Settings > Attendance tab. This is used in check-in to age-qualify the organizations for guests and for Compute Org by Birthdate type of registrations.
- Birthday End
- Date from Organization Settings > Attendance tab. This is used in check-in along with the Birthday Start date and for Compute Org by Birth Date type of registrations.
- From Organization Settings > Attendance tab. This is used in Compute Org by Birth Date types of online registration.
- From Organization Settings > Attendance tab. This is used to set the Grade during Promotion.
- Last Day Before Extra
- From the Organization Registration > Fees tab. It is used in online registrations with fees.
- No Security Label
- From Organization Settings > Attendance tab. This is used in check-in to determine if someone checking in needs a security label for that org.
- Number Checkin Labels
- From Organization Settings > Attendance tab. This is used in check-in to determine how many labels someone receives when checking in.
- Number Worker Labels
- From Organization Settings > Attendance tab. This is used in check-in to determine how many labels (if any) a Leader should receive. Leaders are those with a Member Type that is designated in the Lookup Codes as a Leader.
- Phone Number
- From Organization Settings > General tab. This is used in online registration and can be inserted as an email replacement code in confirmation.
- Main Fellowship
- This will be either True or False. This is set in the Organization Header.
- Entry Point
- This is a drop down in the Lookup Codes table and is set on the Organization Settings > General tab.
- Leader Type
- This is the Member Type of the member you consider to be responsible for the organization, such as Teacher.
- Organization Status ID
- This wil be 30 for Active orgs, and 40 for Inactive orgs. This is set in the organization header.
- App Category
- This relates to the Mobile App and how you want registrations to display. You can create categories (in Special Content) and associate orgs with the appropriate category using the Public View tab on Organization > Search/Manage.
- Public Sort Order
- This also relates to the Mobile App and is set on the Public View tab on Organization > Search/Manage. This determines the order in which the online registration displays on the App.
- Use Register Link2
- This relates to using the App to display Registrations. If set to TRUE the person will see his entire family and can choose who to register. If set to FALSE he will see only himself.
For more information about the use of these items, you will want to read the article about the Organization Settings Tabs