Giving Forecast Report¶
The Giving Forecast report shows the projected giving based on current Recurring Giving setups. It compares Members vs. Active Non-Members percentages and totals. The forecast is always simply total monthly times 12 for an annual estimate.
There are two stages involved in producing the report: 1) Each morning, during the morning batch, a script generates and caches the data required for the report. 2) A user can then request the report on demand during the day and will use cached data for a speedy report. The report will not change until the data is regenerated and cached again. You can always run the GivingForecastData Python script on demand at anytime which will update the cached data.
Required Files for the Giving Forecast Report¶
There are five files that you must install and modify to suit your needs. Each file is discussed, with more instructions and code explanation. The headings below are links to descriptions and content for each one of the files. Those files are:
- GivingForecastData Python Script
- The Python script that is run every day during the morning batch and caches the data for fast reporting.
- GivingForecast SQL Script
- This file is a SQL script that delivers the data to the GivingForecastData Python script.
- GivingForecast Html
- This file is a basic Html code/template used for the report.
- Giving Forecast Style HTML
- This file is used to style the report.
- GivingForecast Python Script
- The Python script that produces the report on demand.
- GivingForecastData Text
- You do not have to install this file as it is created each time the GivingForecastData Python script is run. The file contains the cached data in JSON format stored as a text file.