Dropping Church Members¶
This is the process for normal membership drops when a member joins another church. When you drop a church member, they become a Previous Member. You never want to delete a person’s record when they leave the church, as there is history tied to that record. Only the user with Membership role can drop a church members.
When a member dies do not use this method to drop his church membership. See the article listed below.
Drop a Church Member¶
- Step 1
- Go to the individual’s Profile > Member tab, and click Edit.
- Step 2
Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the appropriate Drop Type.
Do not use this method to drop a deceased person. See note above regarding dropping a deceased person.
- Step 3
- Select the Date. This is typically the date you received the request or notification from the person’s new church.
- Step 4
- Enter the name of the New Church if you have that information.
- Step 5
- Click Save
Changes that occur automatically¶
This only applies if you are using the automated membership process.
- Member Status changes to Previous
- Envelope Option changes to Not Specified
- All current enrollments are dropped
Church Membership Process for information on the business rules regarding the automated processes
- Administrative Drop Type
- Used when one is unable to locate an individual that has a member status of Member.
- Another Denomination Drop Type
- When an individual joins a denomination that is different than your church’s
- Deceased Drop Type
- Do not select this. This is automatically selected when a current member dies and is given a Deceased Date. See above for more about dropping a deceased member.
- Lettered Out Drop Type
- Joined another church of the same denomination.
- This is the default setting for Non-Members and current Members - anyone that has not been dropped from membership.
- Used only if none of the other categories will fit.
- Requested Drop
- Member asked to be removed.