Nightly Database Backups¶
TouchPoint backs up your data nightly and preserves backups on a rolling daily, weekly, and monthly basis for up to 2 years. If you would like to receive a copy of the nightly backups, we support 2 cloud providers: Rackspace and Azure. Just set up an account with either service and contact TouchPoint Support with the following information.
- Rackspace Cloud Files
- Rackspace User
- Rackspace Key
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Storage Container Name
- Azure Connection String
To find this information, follow these steps.
- Go to https://portal.azure.com.
storage accountin the Resources search bar at the top.
- Click on Storage accounts under Services (not Storage accounts (classic)).
- Click + Create.
- Enter a name in the Storage account name field. This is where the TouchPoint backups will go (i.e.
- Choose the appropriate Redundancy. Generally, less redunancy means less cost.
- Click Review + create.
- Click Create.
- Click the name of the storage container you just created.
- Click Access keys in the Security + networking section.
- Click Show keys to reveal the Connection string.
Our team will make the necessary configuration changes and you will begin receiving a copy of the nightly backups from that point forward.
There is a one-time setup fee of $50 to script the backups to your account.
Add steps for Azure