Development Partner Program FAQ¶
- What is a “Development Partner Church”?
- A Development Partner Church will have access to the TouchPoint code for the purposes of helping build features and functionality. You may view existing code and submit new code for consideration, review, and quality assurance / user acceptance testing (QA / UAT) with the desire of it being added to TouchPoint’s main code base. In addition to the TouchPoint development team’s annual roadmap, many churches contribute code that, after approval, becomes available to the community of churches using TouchPoint.
- How does my church become a “Development Partner Church”?
*A partner church in good standing simply means that the church is on one of our latest subscription plans, they have no outstanding invoices, and users have abided by our terms of service.
- Is there any additional cost to becoming a “Development Partner Church”?
- No. This is available to all partner churches in good standing. Certain requirements (e.g., periodic submissions) may be instituted in order for a specific user’s access to remain active.
- Are there limits to what I can do as a “Development Partner Church”?
- I have more questions, who should I contact?
- Please send any additional questions to our Client Success Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated explanation of the program and next step for interested parties.