Mobile App Map Builder¶
The App Portal ( https://app.touchpointsoftware.com/ ) includes an easy-to-use map builder. This tool allows you to upload a building map and configure it for your custom mobile app. You can have maps for multiple campuses or buildings and for multiple floors within a building. With the tool, you can define rooms and areas so that the map is searchable for app users.
Adding Maps to Your App¶
Follow the steps below to add your map(s):
- Navigate to the Maps menu at the top-right corner of the mobile app portal.
- Click the New button at the top left to create a Building or Campus.
- Click the New button to create a Floor or Building within that Building or Campus.
- Upload a 2048 x 2048 .png image of your map for each Campus/Building/Floor by dragging/dropping it to the Map section in the middle.
- On the map, click within a room to enter its name and location (the location will auto-populate with the X/Y coordinate where you click).
- When all your maps and rooms are configured, create a Tile to allow users to navigate to the map.
- App users can search for a room by name and a map pin will be dropped at the room’s location.
Added this article