Contribution Change Log¶
Users with the Finance role can access this at Administration > Contributions > Change Log. This logs contribution splits, edits, and deletes.
You may access an Advanced Search by clicking on the Down Arrow at the right end of the Search box. That will present the following advanced searching options:
- Enter the username of the Finance user to filter for changes made by that user.
- Select Delete, Edit, or Split to filter for those specific items.
- Select from your church’s Funds which one to display changes for. You may begin typing the Fund Name to locate the Fund more quickly.
- Select from the date-pickers or type in the date ranges to filter for contribution changes made between those dates. You may also type “t” to quickly specify today’s date.
You may also type directly into the Search Bar to utilize the powerful Quick Search feature. Your results will update on the page as you type. For example, you may type any of the following options to quickly filter the page:
- “Delete,” “Edit,” or “Split”
- A Username
- A Fund Name
- A Dollar Amount
- A Contribution ID
The log itself includes the following information, and you may sort by each column:
- Date and Timestamp that the edit, split, or delete action occurred.
- The Contribution ID of the affected entry. The link is a shortcut to the Bundle where the Contribution may be found.
- You will either see Delete, Edit, or Split listed here to indicate what type of change occurred.
- You may see a Donor’s Name (and People ID), a Dollar Amount, a Fund Name (and Fund ID), a Date, or a string of information (if the Contribution were deleted entirely) listed here to indicate what was originally listed for that Contribution Entry.
- You may see a Donor’s Name (and People ID), a Dollar Amount, a Fund Name (and Fund ID), a Date, or a blank field (if the Contribution were deleted entirely) listed here to indicate the new information.
- You will see the Username associated with the Finance user who made the change.