Custom Involvement Tabs¶
With custom Involvement tabs, you control what information is displayed on the three Involvement listings: Current, Previous, and Pending. For each of these tabs, you can control what information will display for each of your defined Involvement Types.
For example, if you have defined a “Volunteer” Involvement type for all your volunteer calendar Involvement (those with registration type Choose Volunteer Times), you can include a link so that your volunteers can easily access the calendar to manage their commitments from their Involvement > Current tab.
Configure Custom Involvement Tabs¶
To configure custom Involvement tabs, go to Administration > Setup > Lookup Codes and, in the Involvement panel, click on Involvement Type. Then click on the Involvement Tab Editor button.
The Customize Involvement Tab page will have tabs for the three configurable Involvement tabs (Current, Pending, and Previous) and on each tab will contain a row for each of the Involvement Types that have been configured. At a minimum, there will be a row for your default configuration – the configuration that will be used for Involvement Types that do not have their own configuration defined.
Follow the steps below to modify your current Involvement tabs configuration:
- Step 1
- Select which Involvement tab to modify. When you first arrive at the Custom Involvement Tab page, the Current tab is selected. To modify a different tab, click on Pending or Previous to modify one of those tabs.
- Step 2
- Select which Involvement Type to configure (or Default to customize settings for all Involvement Types that are not individually configured). Make your selection from the TYPE drop down list. If you need first to add a row, click the Add Row button.
If you need to delete a row, click on the
- (minus sign) in the red square.
- Step 3
Select the information to display in each of the columns. You can define data for up to six columns. Unused columns should be the right-most columns. Column A will always have the Involvement name and this cannot be changed. So for the remaining five columns, choose from the following list of options:
- Leader: the name of the leader for the Involvement
- Enroll Date: date the person whose profile is being view was enrolled in the Involvement
- Member Type: the profile owner’s member type in the Involvement
- Unsubscribe: this will present a button to unsubscribe; especially useful for an Involvement type for newsletters
- View Calendar: this will present a link to the Involvement’s registration page; especially useful for volunteer Involvement
- Location: the Location for the Involvement
- Schedule: the day of the week and time the Involvement meets
- Drop Date: date the profile owner was dropped from the Involvement
- Last Visit: this is a specialized option for Redeemer Presbyterian, indicating when a community group last received a visit to assess the group’s health
- Health: this is also a specialized option for Redeemer Presbyterian, indicating the assessed health of a community group
- Attend Pct: the profile owner’s attendance percentage in the Involvement
- Step 4
- To save your changes, click the Save Content button.
The Involvement tab configurations are stored in files found at Administration > Special Content > Text Content. Below are the names of these files, followed by the default (un-customized) configuration for that tab.
<InvolvementTable> <Columns> <Column field="Organization" sortable="true" /> <Column field="Leader" /> <Column field="Enroll Date" sortable="true" /> <Column field="MemberType" /> <Column field="AttendPct" /> </Columns> </InvolvementTable>
<InvolvementTable> <Columns> <Column field="Organization" /> <Column field="Enroll Date" /> <Column field="MemberType" /> <Column field="Location" /> <Column field="Leader" /> <Column field="Schedule" /> </Columns> </InvolvementTable>
<InvolvementTable> <Columns> <Column field="Organization" sortable="true" /> <Column field="Enroll Date" sortable="true" /> <Column field="Drop Date" sortable="true" /> <Column field="MemberType" /> <Column field="AttendPct" /> </Columns> </InvolvementTable>
Three of the fields can be made sortable by adding the setting
as shown in the XML settings above. Those three fields are Organization, Enroll Date,
and Drop Date.
For any of the fields, you can change its column label by adding the setting
where LabelName is replaced with the actual name you want for the label. Additionally, the label
you define for the View Calendar field will also be used for the links in each individual row and
the label you define for the Unsubscribe field will also be used as the button label in each
individual row. For example, assuming a View Calendar column is configured for an organization type
for Choose Volunteer Times registrations, you could include the setting
to set the label for that column as
Manage Commitments and also to make the text of all
the links the same (
Updated to include Show in Mobile