This Condition located on the Membership category tab in Search Builder looks at the church name that is in the New Church field on the Profile > Member tab (in the Drop section) of the people record.
Normally, the membership coordinator would add the New Church name to the person’s record when they drop the person’s church membership. Because this is a text box and you can type whatever you want, you will want to be careful how you use this Condition or you may not get the results you expect.
Keep in mind that you will get better results if you have an idea of the policies for your church regarding how church names are entered. Then you will know what to enter in order to find what you are looking for.
If you have a start-up church that some of your members will be joining, you can search first for those with a Drop Date greater than the date the new church had its first meeting. Then add this Condition and enter the start of the name of the new church. This will give you everyone who has been dropped from your church membership because they have joined the new start-up church.
Take advantage of the built-in searches and the reports in TouchPoint. The Decision Summary report includes those who have dropped their membership at your church and are even grouped by the New Church. Clicking on any total on that report will take you to Search Builder with the search built for you.
- The Comparisons for New Church are as follows:
- Equal - an exact match (if you use 1st Baptist Church Nowhere USA, that’s exactly what you will get - but not First Baptist Nowhere)
- Starts With - matches the beginning letters (if you are in the habit of using FBC as a start for First Baptist Church, then use FBC and Starts With)
- Ends With - matches the ending letters
- Contains - matches letters anywhere inside the name
- Does Not Start With - does not match the beginning letters
- Does Not End With - does not match the ending letters
- Does Not Contain - does not contain specific letters
- Not Equal - not a match
- After returns any names alphabetically after the letter or letters entered in the Value field
- AfterOrSame - same as above, but includes the letter or letters entered in the Value field
- Before - returns any names alphabetically before the letter or letters entered in the Value
- BeforeOrSame - same as above, but includes the letter or letters entered in the Value field
- Leave the Value empty to find those without a New Church.
Modify image link with secure protocol.