Texting from TouchPoint - Overview¶
- Twilio Integration
- Texting via TouchPoint uses an integration with a third-party texting service - a business named Twilio. This integration allows you to send texts directly from your TouchPoint database. You can then follow up the text with an email, so that anyone in your targeted group who has not opted-in for texting or does not have a cell phone on his record will still receive your message.
Your Twilio account is totally separate from your TouchPoint account. You pay Twilio directly. TouchPoint has no financial interest in this company and receives no remuneration when you create a Twilio account and use their services via TouchPoint.
The first step is to create a Twilio account and find your account numbers. Start with the following help article for instructions.
Setting up your TouchPoint database to use Twilio for texting must be done by your Admin user. There are several steps involved, so please follow the steps closely.
- It is inexpensive. The cost is approximately $1 per texting number per month for the number you text from and less than 1 cent per outgoing text.
- It is so easy to text to any group in your TouchPoint database. Wherever you see the blue toolbar, you can send a text.
- Texts to groups of people go as individual texts, not as group texts.
- You insure full coverage by being able to easily click a button and follow up a text with an email, so no one will miss out on your message.
- TouchPoint tracks all your texts. You will have a list of your texts and a report of those who were sent the text. If they were not sent the text, you will see the reason - either they have no cell phone on their record or they have not opted in.
- Texting via TouchPoint is fast. You can send 1,000 texts per minute per texting number. Just buy more numbers if you send hundreds of texts and want them to go faster.
- You can also purchase multiple phone numbers if you want to track your billing by ministry.