Profiles store Check-In settings and are automatically applied when logging into a Check-In station. A Default profile is supplied with your system. You can rename and modify the Default profile as desired. You can also add new profiles. For example, you may want to have one profile used by all the Check-In stations in your children’s ministry and a different profile for use on the stations in your youth ministry.
To view and configure profiles, go to Administration > Check-In > Profiles. To add a new profile, click the green + Add button. To modify an existing profile, click on its name.
If you are logged into a profile at the time it is modified, you will need to log out of Check-In and log back in for the change to take effect.
Below are the options that can be configured, organized by tab.
- Mode Options
There are three modes to choose from:
- Standard is the default mode.
- Continuous Admin will keep check-in in Admin mode. Use this when a permanent staff/voluntter will be assigned or behind a welcome desk. Will not display a keypad. Login and Logout codes will be hidden.
- Scanning mode is used for QR code scanning only. No keyboard will be displayed and Admin access will be unavailable. A background image is also required.
To log out of Continuous Admin or Scanning mode, type
/logoutat the end of the URL and press the Enter key. Example: https://mychurch.tpsdb.com/CheckIn/logout
If your church has multiple campuses, select the campus for this profile. This will limit the classes shown during Check-In to just those for that campus. If your church does not have multiple campuses, leave this set to All Campuses.
When a new record is added at Check-In, the Campus from the Check-In Profile used on that kiosk will be added to the person’s record. If the Campus is set to All Campuses in the Check-In Profile, the added Campus will come from the DefaultCampusId Administrative Setting. If the DefaultCampusId is Empty or has an invalid Id, no Campus will be added to the new record.
- Logout Code
- This is the five-digit code to log out of the Check-In station. When this code is entered in the Check-In station, Check-In is exited. Not available for Continuous Admin mode.
- Admin Code
- This is the five-digit code used to access admin mode. When this code is entered in the Check-In station, admin mode is entered and an alternate screen is displayed. Not available for Continuous Admin mode.
- Enable Recommended
- If checked, this will enable Recommended Involvements. Recommended Involvements is an unmanned process for handling load balancing and overflow scenarios. Also, the long-lost sheep or spotty attender who has been dropped from rolls will have an option for Check-In without needing an attendant to use “Visit” or “Join.”
- Meeting Start Time
- This is the time at which you want Recommended Involvements to be available. It does not need to correspond with a specific meeting time.
- Meeting End Time
- This is the time at which you no longer want Recommended Involvements to be available. It does not need to correspond with a specific meeting time.
- Recommended Based On
This allows you to control whether Involvements are recommended based on Capacity or Least Attended. If it is set to Capacity, all Involvements in the grouping must have a capacity set.
- Enable Testing
- Checking this box will enable you to test a specific day of the week. For example, during a weekday you may need to test checking into Sunday morning classes. When you check this box, a drop down menu is displayed, allowing you to select a day of the week. When you use this profile, the classes shown as available for Check-In will be classes for the day of the week you select here.
- Disable ‘Are you still there’ prompt
By default, if a station is on any screen except the home screen, after 45 seconds of inactivity a prompt will be displayed asking, “Are you still there?” If the prompt is not clicked, the station will return to the home screen. To disable this prompt (and the automatic return to the home screen) check this box.
This setting is on the Testing Tab because you will likely want to disable this prompt during testing. We encourage you, though, to keep the prompt active during actual live check-in.
- Allow Emergency Contact Edit
- Uncheck the box to hide the ability for users to update the Emergency Contact through the Check-In screen.
- Allow Photo Edit
- Uncheck the box to hide the ability for users to update the Profile Picture through the Check-In screen.
- Disable “Un-checkin”
- Uncheck the box to enable the ability to “un-checkin” at the kiosk. Otherwise, once someone is checked in, they can only be checked out through the Classroom Dashboard.
- Allow Reprint Code
- Check the box to allow the kiosk worker to reprint the security code from the Admin Edit Menu. A label with the same security code from the previous Check-In session for that person will print.
- Show Check-In Confirmation
After checking in, a prompt appears reminding the user to pick up their name tags. This setting determines how long that prompt will remain if the user does not click OK. It can be set to 2, 3, or 5 seconds, or No if you do not want the prompt to display at all.
- Child Label Cutoff Age
- This setting determines the age at which a child no longer receives a child security label but instead receives an adult name tag.
- Location Label
Choose the appropriate option in the dropdown for the Location label when a child checks into a class as a visitor.
- Default is the Standard setting, which only prints for Guests.
- Never won’t print a Location label, even for Guests.
- Always prints a Location label for Everyone.
- Security Label
Controls how many security labels to print. The security label is for the parents and displays the code that matches the security code on their child’s label. The following options are available:
- Per Family - Only one security code will be generated for the family, even if multiple children check into multiple classes, provided they are all checked in during the same Check-In session.
- Per Child - One security code will be generated for each child in the family, no matter how many classes the child attends.
- Per Meeting - A different security code will be generated for each child for each meeting attended.
- None - No security label will be printed.
- Show Guest Label
Check this box to print the Guest label when a child checks into a class as a visitor.
- Disable Reprint Labels
- Check the box to hide the Reprint Labels option in the Check-In kiosk.
- Background Image
- You can customize the background of your Check-In stations with your church logo or any other image you like. The background image you specify here will be displayed for all stations using this profile. So give thought to the screen resolutions for the devices involved. Many monitors and screen displays on newer devices have a resolution of 1920 x 1080, so you may want to use an image with those dimensions.
Add Family Tab¶
- Enable Add Family
- Check this box to add the option in Admin Mode at Check-In to Add Family along with Add Person.
- Set Field Defaults
- Add optional default settings for Primary Adult Name, Primary Adult Gender, Primary Adult Marital Status, Child Marital Status, State and Country. Check box for Child Grade Required if desired.
- Do Not Show
- If you don’t want the DOB, Gender or Marital Status fields to appear for editing, check those boxes. You can also optionally disable the option for the kiosk worker to Join or mark a Visitor to an involvement at the time they add the records.
If you want to use the Recommended Involvements feature, click the Manage Recommended link in the upper right hand corner of the Check-In Profiles page.
- This allows you to Enable or Disable groupings.
- This allows you to indicate a campus.
- Filter By
- This is how you determine whether you want the grouping to be filtered by Date of Birth or Grade.
- If you opted to filter by Grade, this is where you indicate the Grade.
- Start Birthday
- If you opted to filter by Date of Birth, this is where you enter the earliest Date of Birth in the date range.
- End Birthday
- If you opted to filter by Date of Birth, this is where you enter the latest Date of Birth in the date range.
- This is where you indicate which Involvements should be included in this grouping. It is a dropdown, but you can also type the name of the Involvement.
Added new settings and information regarding Recommended Involvements.