Volunteer Management / Review¶
There are a variety of ways in which you can manage your volunteers, some automated and some manual. In TouchPoint, you get to decide what works best for your church.
This role allows viewing (but not editing) volunteer application information. A user with this role will have view rights to the Application Information and Checks & Classes Approval sections on a person’s Volunteer tab.
Gives user rights to manage the Checks & Classes Approvals on the Volunteer tab of a person’s record. Users with this role can also view and edit the notes on that tab. A user with this role will be able to manage all information stored in the Application Information and Checks & Classes Approval sections on a person’s Volunteer tab. User must also have Access role.
Allows the user to request background checks from Protect My Ministry or MinistrySafe. Must also have the ManageApplication and Access roles.
Gives user rights to view and manage the MinistrySafe Training Class section on the Volunteer tab of a person’s record.
Givers user right to view and manage the Documents section on the Volunteer tab of a person’s profile.
- Show Manual Approval Section
Set this to True if you plan to manage your volunteer approvals manually. When this is set to True, it will show the Checks & Classes Approval section on the Volunteer tab of a person’s profile. None of the fields in this section are automatically updated. This setting is found in the System > Administration section.
The other administrative settings related to volunteer management specifically pertain to using one of the available integrations with either Protect My Ministry or MinistrySafe.
If you are using the Protect My Ministry or MinistrySafe integrations, you do NOT need to use the Application Information or Checks & Classes Approval sections on a person’s Volunteer tab.
How to Upload a PDF File¶
- Step 1
Scan the document (the Volunteer Application) and save it as a PDF file on your computer (or on a disc). Be sure to give it a name that will help you know where to upload it. Example: Vol App-Greta Briggs(ID 38)
- Step 2
Go to the person’s people record Ministry > Volunteer tab to the Documents tab and click Choose File. Then, go to the folder where you saved the PDF document, click to highlight it, and then click Open.
- Step 4
Click the Upload button (the name of the file will display in the text box).
- Step 5
You can view the document by clicking on the document icon.
FAQ About Volunteer Application Documents¶
- Can I upload more than one document per person?Yes.Just follow the same steps as above and be sure to give each file a different name.
- Can I remove a document that is no longer needed or that gets uploaded to the wrong person’s page?Yes.Just click the red Delete button below the Adobe PDF icon.
- I have existing documents that do not have file names. Can I add a name to the document?Yes.Just click where you see Click to Edit, type the file name you want, and then press blue Check Mark.
- Can I rename a document after I have uploaded it?Yes.Just click the existing name (triple-click to highlight the entire name) and type the new name. Click the blue Check Mark to accept the new name.
Updated to include Volunteer tab enhancements and MinistrySafe.