After configuring your Scheduler, you may return back to the Scheduler tab to view your Time Slots on the Scheduler. If your Time Slots do not appear, confirm that all boxes are checked on the Scheduler Tab (indicating that you have completed the setup items), and click the link to Refresh the Page.
Your initial view will look something like this (continuing with the example from the previous article).
Your view will contain the next four scheduled Meetings, according to the Time Slots created (you will also see any ad hoc Meetings, covered further below).
Getting People Involved¶
- Staff/Scheduler Manager Adding People To Scheduler
If someone has told you he/she can commit to a certain activity/timeslot, you can add the person from right here on the scheduler
Add Individual Person
First, you will need to locate the Team that the person will be serving on. Underneath the team, click on the person plus icon. That will bring up an Add Volunteers dialog box.
You may indicate that you want to add the person as commited rather than scheduled by checking the box next to As committed vs. scheduled.
- Committed - Someone told you they wanted to fill a specific time slot.
- Scheduled - You are inviting someone to fill a specific time slot. They will need to take the action to Commit.
You may indicate if you want to add the person to This Time Slot (only) or (using the dropdown) All Week X’s. There are three total options to select from in the dropdown:
- This Time Slot - This will add the peson to this Time Slot only.
- All Week X’s - This will add the person to all weeks for the duration of this scheduler.
- All Week X’s Perpetually - If this Scheduler is configured using a Rolling Number of Weeks, this person will be added to Week X each time the Scheduler starts over.
If you configured Sub-Groups for this Team, you may select the person from the dropdown corresponding to the appropriate Sub-Group.
If you made the Sub-Group required in the Time Slot setup and you have not yet added anyone to the Sub-Group (on the Sub-Group Management page), your dropdown list will be empty.
If you did not configure Sub-Groups for this Team, you may select the person(s) from the dropdown.
Continue searching for and selecting individuals until you’ve added everyone. Select Save to see your changes updated on the Scheduler.
Add A Group of People
- First, you will need to locate the Team that the person will be serving on. Underneath the team, click on the group of people icon. That will bring up an Add Volunteers dialog box.
- For each Sub-Group associate with this Team, you will be able to select a Sub-Group of people to add to this particular Meeting.
- Person Registering For Scheduler
A person can select one or more time slots by clicking a RegisterLink within an email or accessing a link and/or button posted on the church website. A person cannot sign up for two time slots in a scheduler on the same day and time. For example, if you have two teams or sub-groups on a Sunday at 8:30 am, a person can only choose one team or sub-group during that time slot.
Managing the Scheduler - Part 5
Added information regarding the option to add a person as committed vs. scheduled.