The Check-In Dashboard is an Attendance Report that will assist in monitoring real-time check-in numbers against the Involvement’s set capacity.
- To use this feature, your church must also be using Using Check-In.
- In addition to the standard settings needed for Check-In, you may elect to set a Capacity on the Involvement’s Schedule. The Capacity is set per the individual Schedule on the Involvement’s Settings > Attendance tab. Read more about Involvement Attendance Settings Tab here.
- Be sure to also provide a class location on the Settings > General tab.
Accessing the Check-In Dashboard¶
- Give anyone the CheckIn Role if they will need to use the Check-In Dashboard. Read more about New Users And Roles here.
- The Check-In Dashboard is found under the Reports Menu > Attendance Summary > Check-In Dashboard. It launches in a new browser tab.
Using the Check-In Dashboard¶
- The Check-In Dashboard is designed to give you live reporting for your Check-In Involvements.
- For a Meeting to appear in this list, the Involvement must have the Box Checked to Allow Check-In and there either needs to be a Schedule or Meeting for Today.
- If left unfiltered, you will see all Meetings for Today.
- Program: Filter by Meetings for Involvements belonging to a specific Program.
- Division: Filtering by Division will display Meetings on Involvements that belong to that specific Division.
- Campus: Filter by Campus to reveal Meetings that will occur at that specific Campus. This looks at the Campus Setting on the Involvement.
- Time: Filter by the Schedule set on the Involvement’s Settings > Attendance tab.
The Meeting Time comes from the Involvement’s Schedules/Meetings for today. The number in blue next to each Meeting Time represents the total number of people checked in for the Meetings visible for that time.
Below that is the Involvement Name and Location. If a Meeting has already been created (either manually or by Attendance being recorded, such as through Check-In), the Involvement Name will be a Link that will take you directly to that specific Meeting. The Location may be set or updated in the Location column and will automatically update the location for the specific Meeting in the Involvement.
Next to Involvement name when the Meeting has been created will be a link to the Classroom Dashboard for that Involvement. See Classroom Dashboard for more.
You see two columns indicating how many Leaders and Members/Guests are Present. This column is pulling information from the Meeting Page. In the screenshot above, 2 Leaders and 2 Members/Guests have checked into the Babies Class, and 1 Member/Guest has checked into the 1’s - MomSense Class. (Keep reading to learn why the bottom row is highlighted in red.)
The Capacity comes from the Involvement’s Schedule and can be overwritten on the Meeting Page or this Dashboard if it needs to be adjusted for a specific date. As you are able to establish a Max Capacity per Schedule, this number is letting you know how many people your room can contain. If there is No Capacity, there will be Two Dashes.
- When a Meeting reaches Capacity, the number in the Members & Guests column will appear highlighted in red, and the Meeting Status will change form Open to Closed.
The Capacity for a Class is based on the Member/Guest count and does not include any Leaders that have checked in.
The Up and Down Arrows on each row Increase or Decrease the Capacity. This does not update the Setting on the Schedule. This simply allows for Reducing the Limit to Close a Meeting if you perhaps didn’t have as many Teachers show up as expected…or it allows you to Increase the Limit and/or Open a Meeting if you are able to accommodate more than originally thought.
- Increasing or Decreasing a Capacity for a Meeting that is not yet Open will trigger the Meeting to be created. That will then turn the Involvement Name and Location into a Link to the Meeting page.
The two Statuses are Open and Closed. The Open/Closed toggle will appear once a Meeting exists. (A Meeting will be created by someone checking in to an Involvement or by a Check-In manager clicking the Up or Down Arrow next to the Capacity.) You may easily switch the Meeting from Open to Closed (preventing anyone else from Checking In). Members and Guests may check into an Involvement as long as it is configured for Check-In and does not have a Status of Closed.
At the Check-In kiosk, classes that have reached capacity will be labeled as
Fulland classes that have been manually closed will be labeled as
Closedand people will not be able to self-checkin to those classes. In admin mode, the classes will also be labeled, but for informational purposes only. In admin mode, these classes can be selected to Visit or Join someone.
A specific Involvement may be highlighted in red to signal that leaders in the room need assistance. This signal is initiated from the Classroom Dashboard. To clear the highlighted Involvement(s), use the Reset Highlight button in the upper right corner.
The real-time monitoring will be up-to-date as long as the browser is active. For example, if you are displaying this on your phone’s browser, and you turn your screen off, you will need to refresh the page the next time you view the Check-In Browser to restart the real-time monitoring.
Scenario: In order to close a Meeting, you must create it and then close it. If you don’t want to count against attendance percentages, check the box next to Did Not Meet. Read more about the Did Not Meet feature.
Added location info and new screenshot