Managing SMS Messages¶
To manage SMS Messages in TouchPoint, go to Administration > Communication > SMS Messages.
This is a list of sent or scheduled SMS messages, sorted by most recent at the top. The section at the top allows you to filter the results using the following criteria:
- Select a specific SMS group to only see SMS messages sent/scheduled for that group.
- Group Member
- After selecting a Group, select a specific person to only see SMS messages sent/scheduled from that person.
- Enter any text to find SMS messages that contain specific text.
- Start Date
- Use the date picker to filter out any SMS messages sent prior to this date.
- End Date
- Use the date picker to filter out any SMS messages sent after this date.
- System Messages
Check this box to display system-generated text messages, such as Attendance Reminders.
The main section contains the filtered list of sent or scheduled SMS messages and several columns of information.
- The date and time that the message was sent or is scheduled to send. Scheduled messages will be highlighted in green.
- The name of the person that sent the message.
The content of the message. If the message is longer than the width of the column, you will see “…” at the end of the message.
Click on the message link to view the full message text and the list of recipients. Inside that list of Recipients, you will find each person’s Name, their Cell Phone number, an indication of whether or not they were Sent the text message, and then why/why not, based on the information in the Number and Opt-In columns. The Number column indicates whether that person has a cell phone on their record. The Opt-In column indicates whether they are opted in to receive SMS messages or not.
- The number of people in the recipient list that received the message.
- The number of people in the recipient list that did not receive the message. This could be because the person did not have a cell phone number on their record, or because they were not opted-in to receive SMS messages. Click on the Message link to see those details.
- Click the red Delete button to delete a scheduled SMS message.
This is a list of received SMS messages, sorted by most recent at the top. The top section allows you to filter the results the same way you do on the Sent tab. The main section contains several columns of information.
- The date and time that the message was received.
- The name of the group (and associated number) that received the message.
The name of the person (if they exist in the database) and number who sent the message. Click the person’s name to go directly to their record.
Click the blue arrow to the left of the person’s name or number to reply. The Reply To Received Text dialog box will pop up. Enter your message in the Message field and click the blue Send button to send it. Once you send a reply, the arrow will turn gray to indicate that someone has already replied to that message. The reply message will also display on the Sent tab.
- The content of the message. Click the message link to see the details.
Blue Toolbar Functions¶
The options on the blue Toolbar are most useful when you have filtered the results on the page. You can, for example, filter to find messages sent by a particular person during a specific date range. The following blue toolbar functions can be performed on the filtered or unfiltered page results:
- Envelope Icon
- Under the envelope icon are options for emailing to all the recipients of the listed messages or sending a text to all the recipients of the listed messages.
- Cloud Icon
Under the cloud icon is the option to export the listed items. The exported Excel sheet will have the following columns when generated from the Sent tab:
- PeopleID - the peopleID of the recipient
- FirstName - the first name of the recipient
- LastName - the last name of the recipient
- CellNumber - the cell phone number of the recipient
- EmailAddress - the email address of the recipient
- MemberStatus - the recipient’s member status
- Group - the Twilio group from which the message was sent
- Sender - the name of the sender
- DateReceived - the date the message was sent
- Time - the time the message was sent
- Message - the body of the message
When the export is generated from the Received tab, the following columns are included:
- FromPeopleId - the PeopleId of the sender
- FirstName - the first name of the sender
- LastName - the last name of the sender
- CellNumber - the cell phone number of the sender
- EmailAddress - the email address of the sender
- MemberStatus - the sender’s member status
- Group - the Twilio group to which the reply was made
- ToNumber - the specific number the reply was sent to
- DateReceived - date the message was received
- Time - time the message was received
- Message - the body of the message
- Gear Icon
- Under the gear icon is the option to add all the recipients of the listed messages to a tag.
Updated Replies for Unknown Senders and Default Messages