Add-Create New Organizations¶
Reuse vs Creating New Organizations
We encourage you to reuse organizations that have the same purpose. So, before creating a new organization, be sure to look in the appropriate Program and Division for any Inactive Organizations, in case there is already an Organization for that purpose (even if the name is slightly different). If you find one that is basically the same as what you need, just Edit it to make it Active and then change the name if necessary. Example: Student Camp 2014 could become Student Camp 2015. However, do NOT change the name to something that indicates a totally different purpose. In that case, just create a new Organization.
If you have a new database that was created without a data conversion, you will have an Organization named First Organization. You will just add the Organizations you need.
You must have Edit role in order to add an Organization.
This training video will demonstrate how to create a new organization.
If you will need several Organizations (such as the Pick List Orgs connected to a Master Org) with the same (or most of the same) Settings (both those under the Settings tabs and the Registration tabs), here is a shortcut:
- You can create one Org completely, selecting all the necessary Settings.
- Then create the other Orgs, but without adding all the online registration Settings you will need.
- Next, while viewing the original Org, select the blue Toolbar > Gear > Copy Settings.
- Then go to Organization > Search and filter for those new Orgs and paste the Settings. That is an option on the blue Toolbar > Gear.
Toolbar Options – the section for the Administrative actions under the Gear icon.
To Add a New Organization¶
- Step 1
Go to an existing Organization in the Program/Division in which you want the new Organization. Your new Organization will have the same Entry Point, Campus, Security Type, Leader Type, Program and Division, and Main Fellowship flag as the one you were viewing previously.
Make sure that you are actually viewing the existing organization, and not just seeing it in a list on Organization > Search; otherwise, your new organization will not be in the same Program and Division.
- Step 2
Go to Organizations > Add New Organization.
This will open a dialog box where you will enter / complete the following:
- Organization Name (required)
- Location (optional)
- Change / select a Campus, if applicable
- Change the Leader Type, if necessary
- Check the box for Main Fellowship only if this Organization fits the criteria for a main fellowship type of Organization.
- Check Copy settings from current organization if you want to copy other settings from the previous Organization, such as the Schedule and Online Registration Settings.
You will not have the option ‘Copy Settings from current organization’ if you are not viewing an organization when you select Add New Organization.
- Step 3
Go to the Settings tab and verify the settings, making any necessary changes.
There will not be anyone enrolled in this new Organization, so now you can start adding/enrolling Members.
If the Organization will be used for Online Registration, you will need to adjust other settings as well.